Sunday, January 11, 2009

Luella Love



tank top from a bazaar, thrifted tiered skirt, Melissa wedge shoes

I was feelin' a little girly the other night when I met some friends for drinks. I'm a big fan of accessorizing but that night I just left my thrifted tiered skirt do all the talking, I actually just altered the waistband so it'll be high-waist. Despite the lovely chilly weather which tempted me to go for a cold weather-ish outfit that we rarely get to sport around here, I still went for the tank and skirt and just brought a cardigan along.



This skirt reminds me of some dresses from Luella's spring 08 collection, which seems to be stamped in my head. I've always loved Luella Bartley's street-chic stuff probably because of the Betsey Johnson in me, it's always pretty with a little punk.





Her spring 09 collection is just as fab, featuring some ruffled short dresses as well but with a little play on asymmetry and pops of color all over. The shoes and accessories in this collection are all so cute especially the head bows with the net. Hmm... I see a DIY project coming.
;)

6 comments:

  1. I like your attire. Its so cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh, i think i know where this skirt is from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you wear a tiered skirt for short and fat legs? any idea? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it turned out nice nins! :) -Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. how do you wear a tiered skirt for short and fat legs? any idea? :p - i have stubby legs too but I wear high heels or platforms to make my legs look even just a little bit longer. ;)

    ReplyDelete