Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Graffiti kicks

Last week I passed by this narrow side street somewhere in the city where I found this huge wall covered with graffiti. It was actually the first time I saw a graffiti that huge and colorful here in Manila, and I was really amused. I couldn't get a good picture of the whole wall because the car was too close to the wall and I had to hurry since there were cars behind us. It's kinda funny coz the message in the thought bubble is asking people to not piss on the wall. I wish I'd see more colorful graffiti around here with well-meaning messages like this haha

My favorite graffiti artist is Fafi. I love her colorful and girly artworks, always a little naughty and with a tinge of darkness. I rarely wear sneakers but I still kick myself for not buying a pair from the Fafi x adidas line she did. A couple of months back, I was inspired to doodle on a pair of plain white slip-ons I bought specifically to test some washproof markers I got. Of course, I just had to put a Fafinette in there.


source: fafi.net


Excuse my gross sunburnt feet with the flip-flop tan lines :P

2 comments: