Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fash Telecast


I'm not much of a TV person, I usually watch a series I like online or on DVDs because we usually get late episodes here in the third world anyway. I remember when I only had Sex and the City to look forward to. This year was definitely something for fashion-hungry viewers though, we had show upon show of fashion overload. Here are some of my favorites:


I really enjoyed watching Rachel Zoe go about her hectic and oh-so-glam life as a celeb stylist in her reality show, even though the first season had less than 10 episodes only(bitin!) I never really liked her but after watching all the episodes, she gained more respect from me. Her passion and dedication for the industry really shows, she's definitely a true soldier of fashion! I can't wait for the second season for more fab clothes, shopping (Rachel Zoe shops like a CRAZY and truly excessive person!), events, celebrities, designers (check out her pic smooching with, who else but Marc Jacobs) and even more clothes, in her favorite words, I DIE!!!

Another reality show to die for is Stylista where up for grabs is a junior editorial position in Elle mag in New York. Yes, I'd DIE for a job in a fashion magazine in NYC, and the contenders definitely fought tooth and nail for it! There was so much bitching and fighting that it was actually exciting haha! I just felt that Anne Slowey, who's the Fashion News Editor(?) of Elle and the main judge, intentionally acted a little too much like Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada which sometimes just feels awkward. I mean, she's not even the head of Elle and it's not like Elle is the fiercest fashion mag evah. Speaking of FIERCE, I love love love Christian Siriano who won Project Runway US season 4 earlier this year. For me he's the most talented designer to win so far, and I really hope he'll make it big. The London-trained(he interned at Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen, no less!), tranny-loving designer even had a cameo in Ugly Betty, another fave show of mine which I'm glad is still around. I like how they put Lindsay Lohan in a few episodes to spice things up a little. I just wonder if they're ever gonna change Betty's look, even just tamer eyebrows or something. It really gets a bit painful to look at her after a while! Well, it won't be UGLY Betty anymore if she's not ugly and I guess the mishmash of clothes she's usually dressed in kinda works sometimes.(Marc Jacobs SS09, is datchu?)

Last and definitely not the least is the much blogged about Gossip Girl, the show that launched the mammoth trend of the year: Blairbands! My friends organized GG-themed parties and there were conversations that went like "I'm Blair" "No, I'm Blair!". When I read the books back in high school, Blair didn't really appeal as much to me. The show definitely brought her character to a whole new level, as well as the smoldering hot Chuck Bass(they make such a yummy couple!) Prep school never looked so cool. Pretty much everyone went crazy over the upper east siders for a while there, especially B's style. Well, she is after all the Queen.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment