Monday, February 9, 2009

poor little rich girl





Source: olsens anonymous

Effortless grungy chic is Mary-Kate Olsen. She puts together a mix of seemingly drab and lackluster pieces with ultra-luxe ones and wears them with such rock star aplomb. You'd always think she's hungover or just came from an afterparty somewhere and just decided to mindlessly throw an outfit together. Always the trendsetter, she's channeling John Lennon these days with her round tinted glasses (second photo). She makes me want to raid my grandmother's closet and never comb my hair. Who ever has time to comb ones hair these days anyway?
A cousin threw a costume party a couple of weeks ago and so I decided to dress as MK Olsen in all her bag lady glory. Not so conceptual and costume-y I know but, whatever. I just really wanted to take pictures of myself pretending I'm being chased by the paparazzi
haha! The outfit worked pretty well for the chilly weather we've been having though. I've been busy lately and I haven't blogged in a while, but big thanks to those who posted comments! :)

Wearing Terranova long chunky knit cardigan, white top from Topshop, old black pashmina, gray vest with fringe scarf, black Aldo boots, Mango shades, tights and rings from Divisoria.

4 comments:

  1. nice!! love em!! =)

    i can be like her na pala.. haha

    record: 4 months of not combing my hair! haha
    oh well, nice costume!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ui nice! you should hide your face more often! jooookee! wasnt your legs chilly? heheh

    its hard to pull the waif look here, people dont see it as fasyon, they see it as rebellious. or if you can just dedma the way the people looks at you. then there you go. i hope the aldo boots didnt fuck with your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice textures...very MK indeed!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nina love this outfit!! I adore MK also.. thanks for reading about my boring ramblings haha.. I heard from Gina that you're designing clothes already? lucky!

    ReplyDelete